Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Broken Fibula Bone







Well, I broke my right fibula bone(ankle). While stepping off the curb to cross the street my foot rolled under and I heard the bone crack. No driving for 4-6 weeks.

X-rays were done at the hospital and my foot/ankle was wrapped in an ACE bandage and put in a splint. They gave me crutches to help keep weight off the foot.

At the Orthopedist he ordered an Air Cast boot. It seems to help alot with walking, no more hopping around on crutches. Some walking and pressure is allowed on the foot, but not too much and was told to rest often. I hope the time goes by quick!

Things to be happy/grateful for:
Good Doctors
Emergency funds
Encouraging texts and emails
Scooters
Air Boot Cast vs. plaster cast.
Bathtubs
eBay Sales
Watching Humming Birds
Binge watching Game of Thrones
Slowly getting better.



2 comments:

  1. Wow. Sorry Lisa. Find the blessing in the bad.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I'm looking forward to driving again soon!

      Delete